3.04.2014

My First MAC Lipstick: Pink Nouveau

I wasn't really very fond of lipsticks before. I had just one or two that I rarely even used. Then came Christmas 2011, my bf suddenly thought of giving me a MAC lipstick as a Christmas gift. He tells me now that it was because I love lipsticks, but I am very sure I did not. Well, not yet as of that moment. I think it was because some of my officemates were really into makeup and lipstick that I told my bf that I wanted to buy a pink lipstick as well. I guess he was very attentive and bought me my own lipstick yay!

So, why did he choose MAC? He said that it's because he heard that MAC is well-known for its makeup. See, even guys know MAC, you can't really go wrong with buying MAC products. The SA recommended the Pink Nouveau shade to him as he was looking for a pink shade. Pink Nouveau is a very popular shade and was always out of stock due to high demand from customers.


This costs P1,000 which may be quite pricey for a lipstick, but if you really love pink and MAC products, then why not? I remember I almost flipped when I learned of the price, but it's okay as it's a gift and the quality is top-notch as it lasts longer than other lipsticks.

Pink Nouveau is a satin shade blue-based pink. It glides on my lips quite easily when applied, and doesn't dry my lips out. Do take note that my lips really don't dry out easily. It can last on my lips longer than 4 hours if I don't eat or drink. I'm just not too happy with the strong vanilla scent that this has as I really prefer non-scented lipsticks.

On me, it looks kind of like a purplish pink. This shade is really tricky to work with. Sometimes, I feel that this color doesn't really suit me, and that it makes my teeth look yellowish. However, I do believe that this shade looks really good on me depending on the outfit I wear.




Have you tried Pink Nouveau or other MAC pink lipsticks? 

Love it or hate it? Do share!

Ciao!
Kat <3

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...