3.24.2014

Coral Love for Summer: Shu Uemura Rouge Unlimited Lipstick in OR520

I have always leaned towards pink shades ever since I knew how to apply lipsticks. If I look in my lipstick stash, there's an abundance of pink lipsticks compared to other colors. Lately though, I'm starting to gravitate towards coral lippies. Just in time for summer! Coral is such a lovely color for summer because most of its shades look really natural on the lips. You can always wear it to your out of town trips or beach outings. You won't look too made up either. 

How did I start becoming addicted to coral lipsticks anyway? It was New Year's Eve when I dropped by Rustan's to do some last minute shopping. Shu Uemura was on sale and I decided to check it out. I actually find their products really expensive, but for my love of Japanese cosmetics, I still decided to take a look at their counter. I wasn't really drawn to any of their products in particular, but I did notice their lipsticks because of the creative packaging. I started doing swatches on the back of my hand, and I realized that I did not have a coral shade in my stash yet. On a whim, even without trying it on my lips, I bought the Rouge Unlimited in OR520. It was one of my crazy impulsive shopaholic days.

Box of Shu Uemura Rouge Unlimited

Price Regular price is P1195, but I got it at 30% off so I only paid P836.50. I figured that Shu Uemura rarely gives out discounts, so I guess this price is already worth it.

Packaging This product is housed in a semi see-through lipstick case. You can see the color of the lipstick at the top so it's easy to pick a shade if you have many colors of this product. In the pictures, this may seem to look cheap because of the plastic packaging, but in reality it's actually very luxe, and the plastic is quite thick and the lipstick does have some weight to it. It's really something that you'll be proud of taking out of your bag.

Rouge Unlimited OR520 lipstick

Close-up Shot of Rouge Unlimited OR520

Color OR520 is actually a very light coral shade. It's totally different from the swatch on the back of my hand to the color that came out when applied on my lips. On my hand, it came out a bright coral orange. However, on my lips, it's more subdued and looks like a light coral shade. I consider it my MLBB shade as it looks really natural on me, and I'm sure that this would suit any skintone. I kinda felt disappointed at first, and I wanted to kick myself for not trying it out before purchasing. My lips are very pigmented, and I prefer lipsticks with colors that really show up. In the end, this has become one of my favorite lippies as I realize that I can wear it everyday and it brightens my face instantly. It's not too obvious that I have lipstick on when I wear this, but the overall brightening effect it does makes it one of my go-to lipsticks.

Swatched at the back of my hand

Texture This lipstick is very creamy, and glides on smoothly on my lips. I do one to two swipes normally. I swipe three times if I want to have more color payoff. Just make sure that your lips are not dry before applying this lipstick as this has a tendency to clump on dry skin, and may even settle into fine lines. It's best to exfoliate your lips first before application. 

Bare lips

Rouge Unlimited OR520 applied on lips

Verdict I'm totally in love with this product! I am now a certified coral lippie lover after purchasing this. I would totally recommend this to those who are looking for their MLBB shades as it's perfect for everyday wear. 

Hope you guys liked this post. Any Shu Uemura lipstick lovers out there? What colors have you tried and would recommend as well?

Ciao!
Kat <3

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...