10.29.2013

The Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stain in Adore

Hmmm what would be a great alternative to good ol' lipsticks? Aha I know! How about balm stains for the lips? Yes, can be, nice answer! However, this balm stain would need to have the staying powers of lipsticks. Is there even such a thing?

Ever since the Clinique Chubby Sticks came out, a lot of different cosmetic brands have followed suit. One of these brands is Revlon, and their version is called the Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stain (JBKBS). It's affordable enough at P575, compared to the chubby sticks which cost almost twice the amount. The stick looks like a fat crayon that is retractable so the amount of product can be adjusted when being applied to the lips. There are 12 shades to choose from so knock your socks off!


A friend had been telling me of the goodness of JBKBS for quite a while already, raving about how long lasting the balm stain is on the lips. I'm not really a fan of balm stains but her high praise for this stuff had got my senses tingling. Every time I pass by Watson's I would check out the Revlon counter just for kicks! It was one fateful day in August that I decided to check it out again. Okay good move, it was on sale, as in 50% off!!! Can you believe my good luck? I did not really have plans of purchasing this in the first place, but how can you say NO to 50% off? The price of P287.50 was calling out to me saying Buy Me, Buy Me! Fine, I give up, time to throw out some cash.

Of course, I had to check out the colors first. I wasn't really sure which shade to buy. I only knew that I wanted a red shade. It was that time of the year wherein I had been eyeing red lippie shades. This Watson's store only had 8 shades available, and oh fudge there was only 1 red shade available. I guess I'm stuck with this one.



This shade is called Adore and it was not the typical red shade we normally see. It's more of a brownish type of red. I was thinking yuck does brown even go well with red? After the SA helped me put it on, I was feeling ecstatic. It blended well with my skin tone, and it's like this color was meant for me as it looked so natural on my lips! Wow I can't believe a color that I did not really like would suit me so well. I guess it pays off to test out products first before buying. Just to share, the texture is really glossy when first applied. When the gloss has faded, the color still stays which is really a big plus so there's no need to keep on retouching. I put on this lippie before dinner, and after we finished eating, the color was still on my lips. Cool huh!

Here are my thoughts on the product:
- nice color payoff
- really pigmented
- long lasting (confirmed!), just add more layers to prolong the staying power
- has a hint of peppermint when put to the lips which gives a nice cool sensation
- handy to bring around which is why I always have it in my makeup kit

Adore on the lips

Picture of me wearing Adore

Would I repurchase this? Yes and double yes! I really love this product and I would like to try out the other colors as well. Who knows, it might also suit me surprisingly! Hope they have this item on sale again next time haha :)

Which color have you tried from this line? Do share as well!

Ciao!
Kat <3

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...