10.17.2013

Majolica Majorca Perfect Automatic Liner in BK920 Review

I love eyeliners!!! Don't you?

I'm sure every girl loves eyeliners. No matter what type of eyes you have, double lids, monolids, hooded lids, eyeliners would still be your eyes' best friends. It just depends on how thin or thick you apply yours to make your eyes pop out.

So, are you still looking for that perfect eyeliner that will become a staple in your makeup kit? Well, look no more! Let me introduce you to the PERFECT eyeliner (pun intended) that I have been using lately. It's the Majolica Majorca Perfect Automatic Liner in BK920 color. There are actually 7 different colors for this particular product, but I have only the BK920 to review. The BK920 is a pearly black color wherein the black is coupled with some shimmer. It's not as black as BK999, but this is perfect for me since I already have an all black eyeliner, and there are lots of other brand alternatives for plain black liners which would cost even less for the same quality.

Perfect Automatic Liner in BK920

I bought this eyeliner at the BDJ Box 2013 Fair in MOA, where Majo products were on sale. This product was at 20% off so I got it for P550 instead of the regular price of P695. I had wanted to buy this for quite some time now, and when I saw the discount, I immediately bought it with no hesitations. Too bad the other colors like blue, red, green, gold, and brown eyeliners were not included in the sale or I might have grabbed another one of the colors. The colors are quite unique, and I don't know which other affordable brands carry liquid eyeliners with colors. I know that YSL has colored liquid eyeliner, but that's a high end brand that is quite expensive especially if it's not on sale.

Photo from Google Images

Let me show you how the product works! It is carefully packaged in plastic, and you can see inside that the eyeliner is totally sealed. You can be sure that the product you are purchasing is totally new and hasn't been used by others. 

New eyeliner sealed in the package

There is a stopper in between and a tape at the bottom to prevent the product from being twisted out. Take off the stopper and the tape. 

With stopper and tape

When the stopper is removed, you have to put the head back and push hard so that the brush will fall into place.

Remove stopper and put head back without stopper

Tada! Your eyeliner is ready for use.

The Perfect Automatic Liner ready for use

Just twist the end of the eyeliner to the right, about 4 to 5 clicks to get the liquid to come out. Normally, about 3 clicks will be able to cover one eye. Make sure that you don't twist too much to avoid product wastage. It is better to do the correct number of twists before applying so that when putting the product on your eye, one swipe will do the trick! I tried doing 2 clicks before applying and only half of the eye was covered so that I had to twist again.

After 4 to 5 clicks, liquid goes to the brush

This product takes quite some time to dry, not like other eyeliners that dries up immediately when applied. You would have to wait for a minute to be sure that it has dried. Also make sure that once swiped, you do not keep on re-swiping on the same areas that have eyeliner already as your eyelids will get all messy. Trust me! Better to practice first beforehand to make sure that you will get the hang of this product.

This product may be a bit of a hassle to apply but your efforts will not go unrewarded. I tried testing this eyeliner on how long it will go without smudging. Let me tell you the good news! I had it on for 15 hours and it did not smudge one bit, I even had a nap time in between with a pillow covering my face. This is great! No need for retouching any more during the day. How's that for (super) long lasting?

BK920 is not too black and has some shimmer (this pic taken after 15 hours of wear)

Once dried, the eyeliner is totally waterproof and smudgeproof. I tried testing it on my hand and putting my hand under the faucet's running water, and it did not smudge one bit! This baby will only be removed when you try to erase it directly with your fingers. Also, the texture of the eyeliner is flaky when removed with the fingers. Using a makeup remover will be easier, one swipe and the eyeliner will totally disappear.

Eyeliner dissolves into flakes when rubbed with fingers

So that's it! This product is totally worth purchasing. Try the other colors if you're already bored with your black eyeliners! 

Know of any good eyeliner products? Share it with me in the comments!

Ciao!
Kat <3 

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...