10.21.2013

MAC Ruby Woo Lipstick: My Current Fave



I believe every girl should have a red lipstick in her makeup bag. Red might seem to be a very intimidating color, but believe me, with all the shades available I am sure that there is a perfect red shade (or shades) for every girl out there.

So let me share with you my perfect shade of red lipstick! It's MAC Ruby Woo!!!


I purchased this at the duty free MAC store in Korea last September and all the brands were on sale so I got it for just P850. In MAC stores here in the Philippines, this lipstick is about ~P1,000.


Since last July, I have been in love with this baby when I tried out the tester at the MAC Store at SM MOA. I was actually eyeing the shade Russian Red but it seemed wrong on me when I tried it out. The red was somewhat too bright for me, or I was just not used to it. Since I was looking for a more toned down red, the SA suggested that I try Ruby Woo which she said is the exact red shade that Anne Curtis wears. 

After trying it on, I was like woah this is the perfect red for me! The finish is retro matte and definitely different from the satin finishes that lipsticks normally have. Ruby Woo is a red shade that's not too bright, and it felt oh so right when applied to my lips. I could not get this lipstick off my mind for a good 3 months, which was why I knew that I had to purchase it.



For those girls with dry lips, I would not recommend this. The texture of the lipstick is really dry as it is retro matte. Retro matte means that it is even dryer than the normal matte lipstick. Application on bare lips is not as easy as one swipe. You would need to carefully apply it swipe by swipe, or else the lipstick will bunch up or harden in one area of the lips making it harder to smoothen out the color. It would be suggested to put lip balm first before applying this lipstick. If your lips are naturally dry, this might not be for you as it may accentuate your lip lines and chap your lips even more.

Try the tester first before purchasing. Then, leave it on for a few hours to see how it looks on you before your decide. The price is not something for you to just throw your money away just like that. Better to make sure if the shade suits you to avoid wasting precious moolah.

For me, since I have non-drying lips, I love this!!! I feel even better when my friends all commented that I look good wearing this. This is one of my holy grail lipstick products! I have mostly pink lipsticks, and I'm really glad that I discovered the wondrous joy of putting on a red lipstick.


Ruby Woo on my lips

Picture of me wearing Ruby Woo

How about you? Have you found your perfect red shade yet? If you have, do share! :)

Ciao!
Kat <3

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...