2.28.2014

My Dessert Experience at Caffe Pascucci

I don't normally journey to Makati on a weekday without occasion since I hate the traffic that I encounter driving there. However, my best friend decided to invite me to go shopping at Glorietta yesterday. Did she just say shopping? Okay, I'm in! Don't worry, I did not have impulse shopping tendencies this time yay! I just needed to buy some birthday gifts for my friends so I guess this was just perfect timing. #palusot

After buying the gifts and eating a quick dinner at a Japanese fastfood restaurant, we started craving for dessert. I guess that's what's nice about eating just the right amount of food for dinner, your tummy will still have room for dessert. Problem was, it was already 930pm and most of the restaurants in Glorietta were already closed. We started walking towards the outdoor restaurants in Glorietta 2, and I remembered there was this certain coffee place there that I have never tried before. Luckily it was still open when we got there. 

Caffe Pascucci is a famous Italian coffee place with their first branch in Glorietta 2. It has a charming ambiance and a nice vibe to the place. It also has artsy designs on their wall, and it's really cool just to hang out here. There are tables outside as well for those who smoke. I've passed through this coffee place a few times now, but I never really thought of trying this place out. Maybe it's because I have never really heard of this cafe before, or I was just not interested in drinking coffee or eating desserts during those times.







My friend and I ordered the Dark Belgian Cheesecake and the Almond Praline Cookie for sharing. I somehow thought that the price of the cake was a little bit expensive for a piece. Ohh well, I was really craving for cake already. Much to our surprise, there's a promo that baked goods are half off past 9pm. Wow so lucky, we paid 50% off on our orders yay!


I'll just be reviewing the cake and the cookie that we ordered since we were not able to order coffee anymore.

Dark Belgian Cheesecake (P195)


I really love cheesecake, and this flavor is really heavenly. The chocolate is super rich and it's really yummy. It has a mousse like texture which I really like. I would surely come back to this place just to order this cake again.

Almond Praline Cookie (P75)


What I love about this cookie is its chewy texture. The taste is okay, but nothing really extraordinary compared to other cookies. If you love almond praline, then it would be nice to try it out. 

So there, something to try out when you're in Glorietta next time. I wasn't able to try out most of their other offerings, but the cake is reason enough for me to want to go back. I'll try out their coffee and other cake flavors next time.

If you have tried this out, what do you think are the bestsellers?

Ciao!
Kat <3

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...