2.14.2014

Urban Decay Naked 3 Palette Contents and Review

Front portion of the Naked 3 palette

12 shades inside the Naked 3 palette

Back portion of the Naked 3 palette

Ain't she pretty?

The rose gold casing called out to me saying "Buy Me!!!" The combination of pink and brown eyeshadows didn't help much in controlling me from buying this lovely palette. I love pink eyeshadows, and I love the combination of pink and brown shades even more (just check out my blog's colors haha)!

I've been eyeing this palette even before it was officially launched asking my friend to buy it for me when she was in the States last December. Too bad she wasn't able to purchase it, and desperate ol' me resorted to buying it from an online seller in Instagram last January. In fairness, I got it at a reasonable price of P2800. There's news that the Naked 3 palette just recently raised their prices so it would cost P3000 and up when you buy from online sellers. Lucky me I guess haha.

Anyhoo, on to the review. There are 12 lovely colors in this palette (4 matte shades, 3 glittery shades, 5 frost/satin shades). They are very pigmented so just a few swipes will let the colors show up nicely on the lids. The left side of the palette contains lighter colors, and the right side contains darker colors. The lighter colors are perfect for daytime look while the darker colors are perfect for evening look. You can of course combine the colors to your liking. Just be careful with the glittery shades as they tend to fall out during application. It's best to put powder guards or shadow shields under your eyes so that it will be easy to remove these excess glitters afterwards.

Here's a breakdown of the 12 colors:

Strange: beige matte shade
Dust: super light pink glittery shade
Burnout: peachy-pink satin shade
Limit: old rose pink matte shade
Buzz: bright pink glittery shade
Trick: golden copper glittery shade
Nooner: pinkish taupe matte shade
Liar: light brown satin shade
Factory: dark brown satin shade
Mugshot: taupe satin shade
Darkside: grayish brown satin shade
Blackheart: black matte shade with red glitters

From L-R: Strange, Dust, Burnout, Limit, Buzz, Trick

From L-R: Nooner, Liar, Factory, Mugshot, Darkside, Blackheart

The brush is also a dream to use. It's a dual ended shadow brush, the one on the right side is a flat brush, while the one on the left is a blending brush. For those quite particular with their brushes, I can say that this does the job well. I even use these brushes for my other eyeshadow palettes as it is really of good quality. It's also soft and does not scratch my lids. Brushes like this can cost a lot, and I'm really happy that Urban Decay included this brush in the palette. Putting in the brush makes the palette even more travel friendly.

Dual ended brush: contains flat brush and blending brush

This is how the box looks like:

Front portion of the Naked 3 palette box

Back portion of the box: should contain four numbers and a letter

To make sure that you are purchasing an authentic Naked 3, check out the inner portion of the box. It should have the purple design inside.

Inner portion of the box contains a purple design

Of course, let's not forget the freebies inside the box. For the Naked 3, the freebies are samples of their Eyeshadow Primer Potions, and there are 4 variants of the samples. The variants are Original, Sin, Eden, and Anti-Aging. These potions will help in extending the life of your eyeshadows on your eyelids. 

Freebie inside totally sealed

Instructions on how to apply

Eyeshadow primer potions: Original, Sin, Eden, Anti-aging

How the samples of the eyeshadow primer potions look like

All in all, I can attest that the Naked 3 is a good buy even though the price is a bit expensive. Urban Decay makes one of the best eyeshadows, and we are paying for good quality. I just wish that Urban Decay will make its way to the Philippines soon. It's really hard to get a hold of their products here, and there are a lot of imitations popping up. I almost bought a fake Naked 3 during last year's Christmas bazaar. Thank goodness I read lots of reviews first before I purchase any makeup or skincare product.

Do you have the Naked 3 too? For me, the colors of the Naked 3 palette are my favorite which is why I chose to purchase this instead of the Naked or Naked 2 palette. I'll post swatches in my next post about the Naked 3 palette. Till then girls!

Ciao!
Kat <3

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...