4.11.2014

Maple (Restaurant) Anyone?

Happy news to all breakfast food lovers out there (me included), as Maple is definitely one of the all-day breakfast restaurants I've tried that makes me want to go back for more. I can't believe that I just got to try this last month as this restaurant seems to be in business already since last year. Maple is the high-end all-day breakfast restaurant of Pancake House. I must say that I was really happy with our orders since I have never tried anything like these before. I'll be reviewing our orders below. 

Maple
2/F San Antonio Plaza Arcade, McKinley Road
Forbes Park, Makati
(02) 621-6211

The restaurant is quite small, and only a few tables are found inside but there are also additional tables outside. I can say that the place has a homey ambience, and the door to the entrance of the restaurant also has a maple tree decorated on it.



There were only two of us, and we couldn't order a lot. We ordered two main courses and one dessert. 


Main dishes:
Huevos Rancheros (P340) A classic Mexican breakfast made with tortillas, refried beans, grilled chicken and a sunny side-up egg, topped with cheese and ranchero sauce.
This is a totally new dish for me, and I love it that there were tortillas included. The combination of all these ingredients really matched well together, and made it taste authentically Mexican. Of course, I really loved the cheese and ranchero sauce, as it gave the much needed added flavor to the dish.



Sunrise, Sunset (P390) Two delicious buttermilk pancakes, stuffed full of grilled cheddar cheese and Canadian ham all drizzled with buttery hollandaise sauce and topped with maple glazed bacon and a sunny side up egg.
I super love this dish, and I would totally order this again on my next visit. I loved how the sweet taste of the pancakes blended in well with the savory flavors of the ham and bacon. The grilled cheddar cheese and buttery hollandaise sauce really brought out the flavors of the dish. Maple syrup was also provided to put on top of the pancakes. 



Dessert:
Bourbon Bread Pudding (P220) A traditional American favorite served with a Bourbon creme anglaise or a la mode.
We ordered ours a la mode, and it tasted really nice with the vanilla ice cream. The bread was served hot, and it's a good contrast to the cold ice cream. The bread was also cinnamon flavored, but the flavor's not too strong, and the sweetness was just right. Even though I'm not a cinnamon lover, I can still say that this tasted delish. 


I can say that I had a great experience here for dinner. Prices are not too expensive, and my tummy was happy after eating here. I do suggest to split the food though, as one dish can be shared by 2 to 3 people already.

Have you tried Maple before? What are your thoughts?

Ciao!
Kat <3

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...