4.03.2014

It's Officially Summer!!! Turn Up the Heat with the Limited Edition Lippie Summer Collection from Happy Skin

Whew it's so HOT lately that it's so hard to concentrate on doing anything. Turning on the air conditioner every night has become a must, if not I'll be waking up all sweaty. Despite all these, I'm still thinking of turning up the heat! No I'm not crazy guys, I'm talking about the Turn Up the Heat Limited Edition Lippie Summer Collection from Happy Skin! These babies were just officially launched yesterday, and I coincidentally also just bought it yesterday from Beauty Bar. 

Photo grabbed from Happy Skin's FB page

This is my first purchase from Happy Skin, which is a local brand from the Philippines and the brainchild of beauty partners Jacque Yuengtian-Gutierrez and Rissa Mananquil-Trillo. I have heard lots of good things about this brand, but have never really checked out their items in any of the counters. The first time I did so was yesterday, and I can't believe I immediately fell in love with their newly launched summer collection lippies. These are limited edition by the way so better hurry if you want to grab hold of these products.


Turn the Heat Up Limited Edition Lippie Summer Collection includes 3 wonderful lippies inside the box. These are the Shut Up and Kiss Me Lippies in Summer Crush, Sunset Kiss, and The Morning After. These are my descriptions of the 3 shades:

Summer Crush is a lovely bright flirty pink shade.
Sunset Kiss is a fiery red orange shade. It's more red on the lips with a hint of orange.
The Morning After is a nude light lavender pink (mauve) shade. It can be an MLBB shade for some.


Let's take a look at my review of these lippies:

Price This limited edition box is priced at P1249, but each individually boxed lippie is priced at P549. You do get to save P398 when you buy the whole set. I think this is a good deal for someone like me who is a lipstick junkie. 

Packaging Aside from the gorgeous box, these lippies come in a crayon shaped twist-up retractable stick. All of the lippies of Happy Skin have the same packaging, except for the color. You can see the shade of the lippie by the color of the packaging. This packaging is exactly the same as the Colorburst lippies of Revlon. Even the size of the stick is the same as it can fit in the box as well. 


Product The description of these lippies is they offer the shine of a gloss, pigmentation of a lipstick, and hydration of a balm. I can say that this description really fits the bill. The only thing is the shine on the lips do fade after some time, but the stain of the color still remains on the lips. These lippies contain Shea Butter and Collagen for that locked-in moisture, and they have no taste and scent at all. These are made in Taiwan as well.



Texture These lippies are all very creamy, and they are very pigmented in terms of color payoff. I'm quite surprised at how consistent the texture of these three shades are. I was expecting The Morning After to be less pigmented as it's supposed to be a lighter shade than the two. However, its color is also very pigmented and shows up nicely on the lips. These never settle into the fine lines of my lips, and my lips do feel moisturized when I have these on. There's just this slight heavy feeling I have on my lips when I have these on, and it sometimes stains my teeth as well if I'm not careful to check. 

Application Due to the creamy texture of the lippies, application is a dream. One swipe on the lips and the colors show up well. On the lips, the colors apply smoothly and not patchy at all. Just make sure that your lips are not dry during application, or else the color might look uneven on the lips.

Longevity What I like most about these lippies is they're very long-lasting. It can last the whole day just as long as you do not eat or drink. I have tried eating and drinking with these on, and it's a mess as the color transfers to the cup and to the food. Afterwards, you will see that the color on your lips have already faded and you would need to reapply again.


Sunset Kiss

Sunset Kiss applied


Summer Crush


Summer Crush applied


The Morning After

The Morning After applied

Layering The description says that these lippies can be worn solo or layered together. I tried layering some of the colors to see what will come out. I followed the combinations given by Happy Skin in the below photo. 

I realized I'm not very keen on doing layering as the products start to feel really heavy on the lips. Also, the color of the 1st lipstick used sticks to the 2nd lipstick which really turns me off. The colors do come out a bit different when combined, so this might be a plus for others who want to create their own unique lippie colors. 

Photo grabbed from Happy Skin's FB page

Sunset Kiss + The Morning After = Creamy Coral

Sunset Kiss + The Morning After = Creamy Coral

Summer Crush + The Morning After = Dusky Pink

Summer Crush + The Morning After = Dusky Pink

Sunset Kiss + Summer Crush = Pomelo

Sunset Kiss + Summer Crush = Pomelo

Overall, I'm very happy with my new lippies. I'm lucky as I still don't have these colors in my current lipstick stash and each shade is unique for me, even the combined shades.

Will you be purchasing this newly launched set for summer? Thoughts? :)

Ciao!
Kat <3

2 comments:

  1. just by seeing the packaging, products seem good :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. @knickknacksnix Yes I agree, they have a good formula and are highly pigmented too. I use The Morning After shade almost everyday. You should totally buy this limited edition set! :)

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...