5.31.2014

Burt's Bees Tinted Lip Balms in Hibiscus and Pink Blossom Reviews

As stated in my earlier post, I got a free Tinted Lip Balm in the shade Hibiscus from Burt's Bees for attending their workshop. This is actually my second shade from their tinted lip balm line coz I already have the Pink Blossom shade 2 years ago as a gift from my cousin. I would be reviewing both of these shades in this post so that it would be easier to see the comparison between the two colors.



The Burt's Bees Tinted Lip Balm costs P650 each, and there are 9 shades of this product. It's a moisturizing lip balm with a hint of color when applied. This is a very good dual purpose product for gals who have dry lips and are not keen on applying lipstick. This product really helps hydrate the lips while giving it a small burst of color.



Hibiscus The shade of this lip balm is a reddish brown color, somewhat like the shade of Revlon Adore, except that this is on the sheerer side. Even though the color is sheer, it still shows up on my lips. I really love this shade as colors like these really suits my lips. My lips are highly pigmented and I'm so glad that the color shows up well.

Pink Blossom The shade of this lip balm is a light pink color, and it's also quite sheer as well. Applied on my lips, I can't really tell that there is much difference from my natural lip color as my lips are highly pigmented. It does moisturize my lips well, and I consider this as one of my MLBB shades.


What I think of both products:

Texture Application of the tinted lip balm is easy as the texture is smooth and creamy. It does feel hydrating on the lips and it keeps my lips moisturized for a good few hours. I just need to retouch if the lip balm wears off after about 3 hours on me. 

Pigmentation Color is quite sheer, but the hint of color is still noticeable on the lips. The color does stay on the lips if I don't eat or drink. I tried eating with the lip balm on and it got totally wiped off afterwards. Good thing that the ingredients are natural so I'm not worried if I get to intake some of the product.

Taste For the Hibiscus shade, there is no discernible taste at all which is what I prefer for the lip products I use. For the Pink Blossom shade, there is a weird plastic taste which I totally hate. It stays on for quite a while on the lips as well. I am not sure if all the Pink Blossom shades are like this, but it might be because the one I got was manufactured earlier. I'm not sure but maybe the current ones do not have this plastic taste anymore.

Below are swatches of both products on my lips so that you can compare. I am totally in love with Hibiscus and might be using this color more often nowadays.

Swatch of Hibiscus

Swatch of Pink Blossom

Top: Pink Blossom, Bottom: Hibiscus

Hope this product review helps you in choosing the right shade of lip balm. Till the next review!

Ciao!
Kat <3

2 comments:

  1. I have yet to try this balm Brand.
    xo,
    ~Pauline @Kallony

    ReplyDelete
  2. You should try it out sometime Pauline. This is a great all-natural brand and their balms are such bestsellers! :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...