5.30.2014

My Burt's Bees Experience with Project Vanity

I have been an avid reader of Project Vanity's blog ever since last year. Her blog has really helped open my eyes to the wonderful world of makeup and skincare. It's also one of the reasons why I am concentrating on reviewing beauty products on my own blog as well. It has become such an interesting topic for me that I am totally hooked on anything beauty related. 

I've always wanted to meet Liz, the writer behind Project Vanity, so when I read in one of her posts that she's hosting a Burt's Bees workshop at Beauty Bar Glorietta, I immediately grabbed this once in a blue moon opportunity. She did host some past workshops for other brands before, but I was always busy during those times and missed the chance to meet her. This time, I made sure to set aside time for the workshop.


So, here's what went down at the Burt's Bees workshop!

My friend and I arrived at Beauty Bar Glorietta at about 340pm, but the workshop was scheduled to start at 4pm. Liz arrived at exactly 4pm. It was really great to finally meet her! She was very nice and started to talk to the attendees. She asked for our names and started to converse with us about anything under the sun, but mostly topics related to beauty of course. We waited a bit for the others and the workshop officially started at 415pm.


Maymay Samson of Burt's Bees gave us a brief background and history of Burt's Bees before we headed on to the main purpose of the workshop.


The Burt's Bees workshop is to introduce their new line Daisy White. Liz introduced to us all the uses of this new skincare line. There are basically 5 Daisy White products namely: facial wash, toner, serum, moisturizing cream, and eye cream.



Liz demonstrated to us how to use these products by calling for a volunteer from the attendees. While explaining the different uses of these 5 products, she was putting on the Burt's Bees Daisy White products to the face of the lovely lady.

As per Liz, most Filipinas only recognize one skincare product which is the facial wash. This is quite true as this was also my only regimen before. It was just last year that I started to incorporate toners, serums, and creams into my night regimen. Liz introduced to us the double-cleanse routine which is to use toners after cleansing the face with facial wash. This is to ensure that no trace of dirt is left on the face. 


After double cleansing, it's time to put on the serum. The reason why serums have a watery texture is for the skin to better absorb it. Serums can penetrate moisture and nutrients deeper into the skin to make it feel even more hydrated. Afterwards, apply the moisturizing cream to the face. The purpose of the moisturizing cream is also to make the skin feel hydrated as well, but the structure of the cream is quite thick and cannot be absorbed fully by the skin. This is why it's better to apply both serum and moisturizing cream to make the results doubly effective. When you wake up in the morning, your face will surely feel all soft and supple.

Last but not least, slather on some eye cream before going to sleep. Liz explained that eye creams have a thinner texture than moisturizing creams which is designed specially for the eyes. Moisturizing creams have thicker textures which is why they are not to be used near the eyes as it could lead to tiny bumps emerging in the skin. She also demonstrated using her fingers how to rub the eye cream correctly so that it would be better absorbed by the skin near the eyes as it could feel heavy once it's just sitting on top of the skin. Just massage your eyes using your finger in a counterclockwise manner for the left eye, and in a clockwise manner for the right eye.



A small Q&A portion followed afterwards, then we also had a group picture taking done. All the attendees received a small gift pack as thanks for attending the workshop. I got the Tinted Lip Balm in Hibiscus shade. I already have this tinted lip balm in the shade Pink Blossom. I will be reviewing both in a separate post for comparison. I'm very happy that I got to take a picture with Liz from Project Vanity, and also with the event's official photographer Shaira Luna.

With Liz of Project Vanity

With official photographer Shaira Luna

Small gift for all attendees

I'm really grateful to Liz for giving us the opportunity to attend workshops like these. I feel that my time spent in the workshop was really fruitful as I got to learn a lot on how to apply skincare correctly. I will surely be attending her future workshops as well.

By the way, the Daisy White line is having a promo of 20% off from May 1 to 31. If you've been wanting to try this out, I suggest you go to your nearest Beauty Bar now.

Ciao!
Kat <3

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...