6.20.2015

Macarons for desserts anyone? Mrs. Graham's Macarons Cafe is worth a try!

My favorite part of eating at a buffet restaurant would be the dessert part. I have a sweet tooth, and most of the time I would crave something sweet after eating a meal. I just try to control it so that I won't get fat haha. Dessert and coffee go really well together, and I love trying out newly opened cafes. My friend told me one time that she tried out Mrs. Grahams' Macarons Cafe and looking at her pictures it looked like a very cute and quaint place with yummy-looking desserts to boot. I couldn't wait to try it out myself!



One rainy Wednesday night, I was finally able to try this cute little cafe with some girl friends. I had a blast taking pictures of the whole place. Everything was so cute, from the  macaron lamps dangling overhead, the lovely doodles on the windows and walls, to the pretty little decorations all over the cafe. There was even a small spot where cutesy stuff like pouches, cards, and accessories were being sold. If you do get bored, there are stacks of board games that you can play with your friends all placed in one corner. You can also place your calling cards on their pin board.





Anyhoo, on to the desserts and drinks we ordered. So many macarons, I don't even know which one to order. We just shared our macarons so we could each get a taste of the different flavors. We ordered these flavors: salted caramel, chocolate mint, smores, and tiramisu. I also ordered the creme brulee cheesecake for us to try it out. For the drinks, we all ordered the butterbeer latte for the name of the drink really caught our attention. Maybe we would be transported to Hogsmeade in Hogwarts when we try this drink haha fat chance!




Here's a breakdown of what I thought of our orders:

Chocolate Mint Macaron: Minty Goodness! Tasted really well with the chocolate filling.
Tiramisu Macaron: Yummy combination of coffee and cocoa!
S'mores Macaron: Love how the chocolate, marshmallow, and graham all meshed well together.
Salted Caramel Macaron: It's a little too salty for my taste. I didn't even taste the caramel. Maybe those who like salty food would be more agreeable with this flavor.
Creme Brulee Cheesecake: The cheesecake was really soft and the hardened caramel tasted really sweet.
Butterbeer Latte: If you're wondering what's inside the butterbeer drink, it's not really mixed with butter and beer. It just tastes like a sweet caramel drink with whipped cream on top.


My whole experience was really nice, and I would definitely come back and try the other macaron and drink flavors. I would want to try out the flavors that others are raving about like the ensaymada and bibingka. So till then!

Ciao!
Kat <3

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...