4.08.2012

Taiwan Fun!

My third time in Taiwan is probably the shortest of all my Taiwan trips. Okay, three times may seem to be a lot of times, but actually I myself was surprised that there were still parts of Taiwan that I have not been to yet. My first two trips to Taiwan were actually with a tour, more precisely with the Dynamic Youth (DY for short) group which lets you meet people from different age groups. 

So, when my friends invited me to go to Taiwan again this year, I was like uh-oh not again, will I be going to the same places again?? Well, as you can see, I went again (blame it on my weak self-control and my friends' prodding). Guess what, even though it was just a 3 days stay, it was a really great trip. The weather was totally different because it was cold and the temperature even went to as low as 12 degrees brrrr. My first two trips to Taiwan was during summer time and super hot. This time around, I got to wear my winter clothes again so cool! I love wearing trench coats, boots, and scarves!!!

Just outside the Chang Kai Shek Memorial Hall

Cherry blossoms can be seen in Taiwan during the months of February to March when the weather is cold. We hired a tour guide just to get all the way to Yangmingshan, and it was all worth it because it was my first time to see cherry blossoms. The time we went was during the last week of March, and we could have seen more if we had went earlier during the month, but hey who cares, I'm just glad that we were still able to see it.

Cherry blossoms in Yangmingshan

We arrived at Yangmingshan during the late afternoon, and the night caught upon us. It was really dark around the park, but the scenery was still breathtaking nevertheless. I got this great shot of the night sky, with the moon and two bright twinkling stars above it. Below is the flower clock, and you can see the mountains just behind it. I really love this shot, and I believe this is my best shot from all my Taiwan pictures so I just want to share it with you guys!!! :)

Night scenery at Yangmingshan

There were also these places that I have never been to. It's called the Gold Waterfall. There are goldmines nearby, which is why when rainfall hits the mine shafts, the water flows out having an almost gold-like color resulting in the natural wonder of the "Gold Waterfall." The water also flows to the Yin-Yang Sea which is why you can see that the sea has two colors: the natural color of the sea and the gold color resulting from pollution from the mining companies years ago. 

The Gold Waterfall
The Yin-Yang Sea

Of course, there are also shopping in night markets and food trips, but it will all be in a separate post. So stay tuned!!!

Ciao!
Kat <3

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...