4.14.2012

The Katsudon Experience @ Yabu

I have never really loved katsudon in particular before. Must be because of the way the tastes differ mostly from one restaurant to the other. Sometimes, there is too much breading, and other times the meat is just too hard to chew. I always thought that I would never be able to love eating katsudon, let alone order it. However, lo and behold, I have found the perfect katsudon, and it is just at the Megamall Atrium. I am very pleased to say that "Yabu: The House of Katsu" simply took my breath (or my taste buds) away with their super soft and delicious "katsurestsu" or cutlets in short.



There are a wide array of katsudons to choose from in Yabu, with mostly chicken or pork as the main type of meat. I was able to sample three delicious tonkatsu meals on my first visit to Yabu. My friend ordered the Premium Tonkatsu Set (Kurobuta Pork Set), and this is the most expensive of all the katsudons in the menu being priced at P515. The softness of the pork was really a surprise, and the taste was just divine. Even with this price, the taste of the tonkatsu really did it justice.



Of course, let us not forget the Katsu sauce. It should be mixed with sesame seeds (I forgot to take a picture of the sesame seeds wahh) to be able to achieve the full effect of the sauce. Then, dip this sauce along with the sesame seeds into your tonkatsu, and the taste will become even more flavorful.



I ordered the Rosu Katsu Curry, which is made up of pork cutlets. This set is priced at P295. I am a big fan of Japanese curry, and the taste of their sauce was really that of authentic Japanese curry. The spiciness of the curry can also be chosen from mild, regular, to hot. The curry sauce really blended well with the tonkatsu, and it can be said that this dish is also superb in taste.



Another one of my friend ordered the Chicken Katsudon, priced at P260. This is the dish normally seen in other restaurants. This dish tasted a bit different from the first two dishes because there is a special sweet sauce put on top of the tonkatsu, making the flavor of the tonkatsu sweet as well. The tonkatsu is also topped with two eggs. To be quite honest, I love this dish. Maybe I am a little biased because I really love sweets, but this dish really changed my opinion on katsudons. The second time I ate again at Yabu, I couldn't help but order this dish again(yummy!!!).



 All the set dishes comes with miso soup, a bowl of fruits, and a bowl of cabbages. The cabbages are unlimited by the way, and when mixed with the sesame dressing it is to die for! Even if you are not a veggie lover, I am sure that you would appreciate the very flavor of the cabbages mixed with the sauce, and the fact that something healthy is unlimited.



With all the food that comes with the set dish, you would surely get your money's worth (affordability combined with happy tummy)! This is one restaurant that is surely worth trying out. I cannot wait to sink my teeth into those soft tonkatsus. The comics poster is not kidding when it says that: "So soft it melts in my mouth!"

Ciao!
Kat <3

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...